Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Discussion 4 Strategic Goals & Objectives

Once again I’m not sure I understand what I’m supposed to be doing. I don’t see technology areas of work in week two, just mission and vision statements. Technology areas of work is in the title but I don’t think there was a video relating to it and I didn’t use it in crafting the mission or vision statement for my school. Is this a typo and it should be week 3? They seem closer to what I assume is technology areas of work would be.
Looking at MISD’s plans, I think it hits on three of the four areas, customers would be the first two goals, students and community. People would be the third goal as it is about employees. Internal processes would cover goal four operations driven by processes. Financial is missing, I wonder if that is because of the way schools are funded but still it would be a good idea to have it included. I think there is probably more than one way to fund a school.
Assuming areas of work are the strategic challenges and advantages we did last week. I think they can align with the objective areas well. Taking one from challenges and one from advantages I would use these:
To overcome our limited funding, we can innovate with new ideas for utilizing existing funding and by reaching out to local businesses and parents for additional sources of income.
This would obviously be in the financial area for a 3 to 5 year broad based objective. Breaking it down to two smaller 1 to 3 year goals would be something like “move from paper textbooks to eBooks to reduce cost and free up funds to be used in other areas” and “work with businesses and parents to obtain needed funds or equipment needed to upgrade existing technology infrastructure.”
We can use our support from the administration to push teachers with a fixed mindset to move towards a growth mindset.
This would be in the people 3 to 5 year broad based objective. Breaking it down to 1 to 3 year goals would be something like “implement mandatory training for staff on using existing technology.” And “setup a reward program for staff who innovate with new effective programs”

No comments:

Post a Comment